Thursday, September 18, 2008

Newsweek Cover

I found this image on feministing.com . It is the cover of Newsweek magazine stating what women want in lipstick. The article inside goes on to talk about Sarah Palin Politics and how it would be better for her to be in the supreme court rather then vice presidents. But I think that the cover dilutes the story. It says what women want and the article does not go into what women want at all. Jessica states her opinion to what women want “Not to have articles about their political interests represented by a fucking tube of lipstick”. Do you agree with me or her . Do you think that this add is sexist

2 comments:

cathy said...

I fail to see what Palin has to do with the article. Although sshe is a women, and wears lipstick,why does the media need to also include her family life? or make profesion suggestions for her. She should be allowed to be what she wants to be and if an articles topic is lipstick than stick to it.

deborah said...

I agree what does a tube of lipstick have to do with Palin and this article? She should be allowed to do what she wants with her makeup.