Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Women on Cbs Crime S hows

Of all the network tv shows Cbs has the most crime show. Almost all the crime shows have women in them as Csi Techs, Cops, and other investigators .There are all being portrayed as strong modern women . What they don’t look at is how many times these women have been attacked, held hostage, of raped

This is a tally of all the female Characters on Cbs crimes shows and what has happened to them
CSI
Caherine :date Raped
Sara Sidle: abducted
CSI Miami
Calleigh Duquesne; targeted by a killer, forced off the road, kidnapped
Alexx Woods: held hostage by a killer
CSI Newyork
Stella Bonasera: attacked and held hostage
Aiden Burn:kidnapped and murder by a rapist
Lindasy; nothing
Cold Case
Lilly Rush : held hostage and shot
Crimanl Minds
Jennifer "JJ" Jareau: held hostage
Penelope Garcia: shot
Elle Greenaway:shot Left because she could not handle the job
NCIS
Ziva David: nothing
Abby Sciuto: nothing
Jennifer Shepard's: shot , if she was not shot she going to die of a brain disease
Caitlin Tood: held hostage shot by the same person a year later
Without a Trace:
Samantha Spade: held hostage and shot, beaten
About half of these women needed to be rescued in the end. So even though these are supposed to be strong women they need to be rescued. I know it a crime show and people might get into these situations by how many men on these shows die or need to be rescued

4 comments:

HeatherR said...

Great post! Here's another discussion of this over at The Galloping Skirt. http://thegallopingskirt.blogspot.com/2007/12/csi-raping-and-mutilating-women-for.html

Deborah said...

Good post I agree even though on these shows women are supposed to be portrayed as strong they end up needing rescuing what does that say about women? We need to show them in another light as the strong capable people that we are. Give credit where credit is due.

cathy said...

Great post! I have paid alot more attention to how women are portrayed. I find that alot of the media and something as simple and child like as Disney does not portray women fairly. Most times women are needed to be rescued. Not a fair interpretation.

Summer said...

I'm really glad you did a post on this. It's insane to me that pretty much every character has been a victim of violence (by men as well). It's so annoying! Why can't there be a strong female character out there, is it just too threating?!What are we telling women that want to go into criminal fields... that they will be victims and there's nothing they can do about it!

I wonder how many male's have been victims of violence as well?I can only think of one or two really.